Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blueberry Bread

I have a friend, Trish, and she is either an Angel or the Devil. She and her family picked blueberries one day and had SO MANY that she gave some away, to me! She also emailed me the recipe for Blueberry Bread.

I made some today. (pendulum is swinging to the devil side)

I would take a picture except the loaves look like a rat ate around the edges....the rat being ME.

I would blog more but I might get blueberry bread on my laptop keys...mand phat woud whe bad. Sorry, mouth full.

But I will post a pic of my fruit pizza that I made first.

Here are the recipes:

Blueberry Bread

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, well beaten
1 1/4 cups oil
2 pints blueberries
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and sugar.
make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add eggs and oil, stir until
dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in blueberries and pecans. Spoon
batter in 2 lightly-greased 8" x 4" loaf pans. bake for 1 hour. Let
stand overnight before slicing. (uh yeah...good luck with that!)















Fruit Pizza

18 oz. Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
8 oz. package Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 cup Sugar

Sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice
kiwis
strawberries
peaches
blueberries
or whatever fruit happens to be sale

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften.
Place cookie dough on center of baking stone or nonstick cookie sheet
Flatten with your hand.
Roll the dough out, using a lightly floured roller, to almost cover the pan.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Wash and Slice fruit while cookie is baking.
Cool completely
While cookie is cooling, combine cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until smooth.
Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled cookie.
Arrange fruit slices and pieces in a circular (or any) pattern on top of cream cheese mixture.
Slice using a pizza cutter.
Enjoy.

No comments: