Monday, August 11, 2008

Couponing

I called CVS customer care this afternoon after I witnessed another customer arguing with the manager about a BOGO coupon. The manager told me that they were not accepting the BOGO when it was BOGO on sale. "We have been turning people away all week."

Well, I don't think they will be turning me down in the future. I have a copy of their policy in my inbox and I will be printing it out. I have pasted it below.

The woman at CVS told me hat couponing has become a hobby for some. I thought, "A hobby?"

I considerate it more of an ADDICTION. After all, I forgot to get a sunday paper yesterday and I think I am having withdrawal symptoms!


Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am in receipt of your email regarding the Buy 1 get 1 free offers at CVS. Following please find our coupon policy.

When using a Manufacturer’s Coupon you will receive both items at no charge. Depending on the item you may have to pay sales tax.

Our registers are set to allow 1 CVS coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item. CVS Extra Buck coupons are earned when you make a qualifying purchase. These print out instantly at the register upon reaching the threshold for the offer. Free coupons or “offers at the register” are unearned and issued to you as a valued member of the CVS/pharmacy Extra Care program. These coupons take the form of “open ended” coupons such as $3 off $15 or a certain dollar amount off a specific item. In any given transaction our registers will allow only one “open ended” coupon per transaction and more than one Extra Buck coupon provided the purchase threshold has been met for each offer amount on a per-transaction basis.

This should apply to ALL stores. They do have the right to limit the amount of items. As always the final decision is at the store managers discretion.

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and thank you for your patronage.

Sincerely,

Susan

CVS/pharmacy
Customer Relations


my sig

2 comments:

Terri said...

I'm taking it that youdontheartCVS?

Nydia said...

I am so glad i read this, I am so Timid about things and if I was to get fussed at for trying to use a b1g1 coupon I would just let them scold me and apologize, but if I absolutely know that they should except them, then I will feel empowered to stand my ground. again, I am glad I ran across your blog. Thanks!