Friday, November 21, 2008

Alcohol 911





It's Friday night, the kids are gone and Mr. Twisted and I decided to venture out for dinner.

We went to a new place in town, I had the Shrimp and Grits and he had the Grouper Almondine. Both were excellent.

My cell phone rang but since we had just been served our dinners, I let it go to voicemail...then I got a text message shortly thereafter. I won't mention any names in this post...out of common courtesy to drinking buddies...

"what is the best type of alcohol to drink when you are sick?"

I look up at Mr. Twisted...

"This looks like an emergency...I bet They are at the liquor store right now and they need an expert opinion."

I called Them...

Me: "You're at the liquor store aren't you?"
Them: "Yes, I got my flu shot yesterday, I feel like crap. What can I get?"
Me: "What about cinnamon schnapps, you can heat it up and it will warm your insides."

Mr. Twisted: "Tell her to just get some Nyquil and go to bed."
Me: "Hello? What is the main ingredient in Nyquil? Who needs all that artificial coloring and high fructose corn syrup?"

So leave me some comments...what do you drink when you feel like crap?

my sig

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comfort drinks:
Bad day: Coffee & Baileys
Good day in Vegas: Coffee, Baileys, & Kalua

Icky days: Vodka, cranberry, & lemon lime or Mt Dew

Sick days: Green Tea

All day: Coffee

Anonymous said...

Uh....orange juice. Oh yeah....don't forget the vodka.

Thank you, Twisted Sista, for protecting the innocent.

Heather said...

I'm with Mr. Twisted - if I am feeling at all sick (anything non-GI tract related, I'm talking cold/sinus/flu type stuff), I do a generous shot o' Nyquil (or my "magical elixir" as I call it) and call it a night.

Always cherry flavor - I've never tried the green stuff.

BrotherO said...

Jagermeister. It tastes just like green Nyquil except it puts you out faster. And since it has 56 herbs, it has to have some kind of healing properties to it.

Tenakim said...

I like the NyQuil, but you have a good point- cut out the middle man- let me know what you find- I can't kick this thing!

Travis Erwin said...

First off ... Shrimp and grits? Really?

Second, you can never go wrong with rum.

bekahboo702 said...

hot totties!