Sunday, November 2, 2008

We live in AL-UH-BAMA!

There was a purse snatching in my local Wal-Mart parking lot. On a Sunday morning no less.

A friend saw this as it happened. A woman cam out of the store with her full buggy, unlocked her doors and placed her purse on the front passenger seat. She went to the back of the car to put her purchases in the trunk. A young white male ran up to the car, opened her door and grabbed her purse. She screamed as he started running to a car driven by another young white male.

Out of no where, a good Samaritan started to chase the purse snatcher and as he was getting into the get-away car, he was tackled to the ground. The man who tackled him then pulled a handgun out of his pants and held it to the thief's head. The police arrived and both the thief and the driver were taken into custody.

HoooRah!

I told Mr. Twisted the story and he said:

Mr: So, he must have been an undercover cop.
Me: Why do you say that?
Mr: Cause he happened to be carrying a gun on a Sunday morning in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
Me: Babe, we live in AL-UH-BAMA, I think there are more armed citizens around here than you think! They just don't all carry shotguns!

my sig

6 comments:

Heather said...

I *always* toss my purse into the front seat before unloading my cart into the back. I also make Kiddo get strapped in to her booster seat before I unload the cart. Around here, the weather is so stinkin' rotten so much of the year -snow or rain - that I've gotten into those habits just to keep child and leather goods dry and warm.... Might have to rethink that strategy... (Oh, who am I kidding? I'll still do that - I just won't shop at Walmart on a Sunday morning, is all!)

Travis Erwin said...

Would likely be the same here in Texas as we're mostly gun 'toters as well.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

GOOD FOR HIM!!! Don't get me wrong...I'm not for people carrying guns all willy nilly all over the place BUT, if a good responsible law abiding citizen knight in shining armour wants to then I'm ALL for it!!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Although, the ones with shotguns are much easier to spot.

From TN, I know my rednecks. :)

Pam said...

ha ha lmao i could probably see that. did i mention my dad is from alabama? but i don't think any of his family carry guns lol

Jodi said...

I love when a good samaritan prevails. Good for him!! I'm glad no one got hurt.