Thursday, November 20, 2008

Don't put me on speakerphone

My friend Trish had me on speakerphone when she was in the Drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A.

She informed me they told her that they were out of salad...and at the exact moment the guy at the window appeared, I said, "what??? how can they be out of salad???"

I heard him laugh over the phone, she apologized profusely and took me off speaker.

I happened to be sitting in the living room with Mr. Twisted and I told him what was happening...he said...

Mr. Twisted: "Yeah, she doesn't know that yet does she?"
Me: "Know what?"
Mr Twisted: "That it's too risky to put you on speakerphone."
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Mr. Twisted: "When we first started dating, I had you on speakerphone in my office. You made a random, off-color remark and I didn't get you off speakerphone in time."
Me: "Oh, welll...now you know..."
Mr. Twisted: "And now, so does Trish!"


my sig

3 comments:

IB said...

Funny stuff. I like your blog. Keep posting I'll return...often. Thanks for giving me a chuckle at the end of a long week.

IB

http://idiotsstew.blogspot.com

BrotherO said...

Yep. I've felt the pain. I have a couple really cool relatives who I greatly admire because of their candid comments. But the speakerphone is off limits when talking with them on the phone in public. Living on the edge.

Anonymous said...

Speaker phone scares me aver so