Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sixty Minutes Interview with Obama

I can't believe the time has come when I have actually looked forward to watching 60 minutes on Sunday nights.

When I was young, 60 minutes signaled bath time and time for bed and occasionally a win in the fight to see the Wonderful World of Disney before bed.

Tonight, Barack Obama was on 60 minutes and I wanted to see the interview. I have always felt that Obama was the most 'real' candidate that we had, the interview confirmed my view.

He's the real deal.

Mr. Twisted was not as convinced as I am...until...

Obama talked College Football.

"I think any sensible person would say, that if you've got a bunch of teams who play throughout the season, and many of them have one loss or two losses, there's no clear, decisive winner, that we should be creating a playoff system. Eight teams, that would be 3 rounds to determine a national champion. It would add 3 extra weeks to the season, you could trim back on the regular season. I don't know any serious fan of college football who has disagreed with me on this, so, I'm gonna throw my weight around a little bit, I think it's the right thing to do."

Me: "Admit it, you like him...you like him don't you?"
Mr. Twisted: "hmmmm."
Me: "How can you not agree with what he just said?"
Mr. Twisted: "well yeah, I have been saying that all along."
Me: "I bet he would have gotten more votes if a playoff for the College Football National Championship had been his campaign platform."
Mr. Twisted: "Yeah, he would have carried the south."
Me: "And Alabama could have been a Blue state. *sigh*"


my sig

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I watched the interview and I was very impressed with him & his wife. He is growing on me. I made a point to watch it.