Friday, November 7, 2008

I must luv you.

Here it is:

We have tickets to the Auburn Homecoming game against Tennessee-Martin. When we bought the tickets in July, 1. They were cheap. 2. We had the weekend to ourselves 3. Alabama still sucked and Auburn didn't so much.

If you haven't read my previous posts, I have been an Auburn fan since moving here in 1979 when Alabama fans were the most obnoxious. Mr. Twisted is an Alabama fan. We both graduated from UAB so that makes us even, and I throw in a little Kentucky Wildcat luv from my youth.

Alabama fans are beginning to become obnoxious again. They don't really realize it. It's not the same as other teams' fans, Alabama fans carry it to a whole new level.

Now, while I am not ready to believe that Alabama will beat Auburn this year, Bama does suck less.

Which brings me to the game tomorrow. We will be in the stands watching the Oldest Boy in the Auburn Band.

Mr. Twisted: "I can't believe I am going to be sitting in the stands at Jordan Hare Stadium on the day that they play Tennessee Martin with Auburn's record at 4-5."
Me: "This was the game you wanted to go to."
Mr. Twisted: "Yeah but Alabama is #1 in the BCS and this is the first time since blah blah blah, Saban was blah blah blah, LSU, regular season, blah blah blah.
Me: "It will be okay, you can bring the little TV.
Mr. Twisted: (blank stare)
Me: (staring back)
Mr. Twisted: "I must really luv you. I wouldn't do this for anyone else."
Me: "Awww, that's so sweet.

How much can he complain about it tomorrow before he gets smacked?

War Eagle!!


my sig

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect he won't last much longer until he feels it upside his head. Me? I wear protective armor now...I'm a major 'dumbass' sometimes apparently.

Michael from dadcation.com said...

i hope auburn wins today but must admit an allegiance more aligned with mr twisted.

Pam said...

my allegiance just sides w my alabama family lol i'm not that big of a college football fan anyways.