Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Madness


I just had a birthday, and sometimes birthdays make you think...who am I? Where did I come from? How did I become the person I am?

I am one of those people you hear about whose life is turned upside down in one instance. When I was 14 years old (it was Christmas Vacation for those who wonder why I hate Christmas) my grandfather told me that my 'dad' was not my real 'dad'.

This bit of information rocked my world...some things immediately made sense. Like why my little sister always got everything she wanted and I always felt like an outsider.

I was the outsider, the proverbial 'red-headed stepchild' and now I knew why I always felt that way.

When finally confronted with the fact that the truth was finally out, my mother did what she always did. Lie.

So here is the reason for this post. I don't know who my 'real' sperm donor is. It's not as important to me to find out about him (except for medical history) but I think it could answer so many questions about who I am. I could have brothers and sisters out there who are just as related to me as the one I grew up with. People I were never allowed to know due to the selfishness of my 'mother'. She wanted to pretend and forget her real life and make up one that she preferred instead.

It doesn't work that way, I wish it did.

Here is what I know:

When I was in my 30's (after years of asking) my mother finally produced a picture she had been promising. I cried...he looked just like the Oldest Boy and I thought "how could you keep this from me for all of these years?"

I was born in Duncan Oklahoma, on September 26, 1967. He was possibly in the military (Army) since that is the kind of man my mother tried to 'trap', remember the movie Officer and a Gentleman?

She said he was German, an Aunt told me he was Italian, he may have had to wear glasses.

She told me his name yet I could never find anyone IN THE WORLD with that name, living or dead, so one night I asked her to write it down. Still, no matches anywhere.



On the back of the photo it reads, "Brad, with love always"



Is it wrong for me to want to know?

Anyway, here is the info, I sent this to Troy Dunn but they haven't answered.

I want this to become the next internet 'hoax' only it's real.

Help me find out who he is, someone knows him. Leave me MANY comments so maybe Troy Dunn with think my case is worthy of his show.

Thanks for reading.

my sig

16 comments:

Tenakim said...

wow- I hope something comes out of this! Good luck!

Liz said...

Wow! I saw your link on McMommy's comments. I hope you find him! What an incredible story!

BusyDad said...

Crossing my fingers for you! If there's anything the internet can do, it's dig people up! He probably has a blog :)

Sue Wilkey said...

Wow, Lisa, I'm sorry you have this painful obstacle in your life. I could see how it would be terrible to not know your dad or possible siblings and feel cheated out of HAVING known them til now. I agree with BusyDad- the internet is amazing. Go to as many "find biological parents" sites as you can. The truth is out there - good luck:)

Jodi said...

Lisa you definitely have every right to want to know who your biological father is. If he didn't know about you, can you imagine what a bittersweet reunion this could be. OMG! I can cry just thinking about it.

I wish you all the luck in the world. If I could help out in any way please let me know.

Anonymous said...

What a sad story. I can't imagine what you're going through. I can understand how finding something out like this could change your life. I wish you luck, and a speedy result, in your search. The more people know about your story, the greater the chance of success.

t said...

I hope you find him. Anything that help you I'll do. I think you're awesome!

Twisted Lisa said...

You guys are really sweet. Thanks for the help. Someone out there has to know who he is...right?

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's wrong, you should know! I hope you find what you are looking for.

amusing moments said...

Wow! I hope things work out for you the way you want. Good Luck!

Suzanne said...

I can almost hear the agony in your words. I truly hope you find him.

Chat Blanc said...

I'm wishing you well. Your journey has not been an easy one, but it is an amazing story. I hope you find what you need.

Elle said...

That show is incredible, and I hope this helps get your story out there. Best wishes for you!

Legal Diva said...

As soon as I get back from Disney hell, I mean Disney World, I will do some checking as well. I have a subscription to some genealogy sites (remember- genealogy freak)- you never know where things turn up :) My thoughts are with you!

BacktoBarnwell said...

Oh God, I posted a tweet for you but forgot to comment? Who AM I??? Asking people to come over and comment on here, and not comment myself.

Anyway, Yes, I think you have every right to know. Expect an email from me about a similar story in my family...I wonder if he lives in Barnwell now???

I was so bored last night, that I was looking at the FBI's Most Wanted, convinced with a feeling that I would see someone on there that I recognized living a 5th life in Barnwell...What an imagination I have and lack of things to keep me busy...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lisa, I sure hope this works out for you. I found out when I was 16 that my dad had been married before and that I have an older sister. It was several years before we contacted each other. It is bittersweet to think of the lost years we've had. We're so much alike, it's scary. I grew up thinking I was an only child and to find out that I'm really NOT alone was life-altering. I sure hope you find him. I'll keep you in my thoughts.