Thursday, October 30, 2008

We Were The 80's

This will be a first for me. I am getting 4 things accomplished just by starting with one!

First, it's 80's Day over at Wheresmyangels!

Photobucket

Second, I have been tagged by Jennifer so I am going to pass it along in this post.

Third, it's my post of the day. One more day and I will have blogged every day during the month of October! It was not easy guys.

Photobucket

Fourth, I found something I was looking for when I started to round up my 80's memorabilia!

SO here is is my tribute to the 80's




I was a techno geek even back then. I got my first CD player (and the first portable CD player made) for my birthday in 1985. The Sony D5, exactly like the one in the pic. I ran right down to the 'record' store, Turtles, and got my very first CD. The Back to the Future Soundtrack, I still have them both! There was not a huge selection back then (like 10)!

Photobucket

I was in an AirBand contest, remember those??? Who needs Guitar Hero?



We did the song "One Night in Bangkok" by Robey. The girl version, not the guy version by Murray Head.



I know, we could've done Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benetar, Blondie...but everyone did them! We were later told that there were lights shining behind us. We were wearing very thin, sheer pants. Our friends said it was almost like we were naked. I thought the audience was clapping cause we were so good?!?

This was my hair in 1985



I tried to do 80's hair...didn't work. Perms made my hair fall out. Which is why I only have the proof to this pic. That and the fact that one eye is almost closed.



My perm fell out and I was left with this, but the dress is nice right? Don't I look like 3 different people?



I was a Band Geek, Go-Go's Lover in the 80's





I never got to see the Go-Go's in person because their concert was always on Friday night and I was stuck at the game.



I have no idea why I was wearing an Alabama sweatshirt, I must have lost a bet! See the girl above the star? I'll get to her in a minute.



I was on the Yearbook Staff in High School, before digital cameras, before Photoshop, before ANYTHING. I took this pic with my Minolta with b&w film, processed it and you can see the crop tape. There is that girl again! Who is she?

She is the one I am tagging in this blogpost. She popped up twice while looking through my stuff. SUSAN!! I am going to stray from the rules a little with this tag. I have listed the random facts 80's style, but I am only going to tag her and her sister TERRI!

Have fun girls! Here are the real rules!

The Rules:
1.) Link back to the person who tagged you & share the rules on your blog.
2.) Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3.) Tag 7 people & list their links on your post.
4.) Tell those 7 people by commenting on their blogs

12 comments:

Amarie said...

Wow, "Back To The Future"! Classic 80's!

Tenakim said...

Wow, the first pic of you is hot! is that a sorority composite photo where they lay a blanket over you? I have one of those, but my hair looks absolutely ridiculous- yours is gorgeous and stands up over time- my hair just stood up!

WheresMyAngels said...

I've never heard the girl version to that song. Too funny of you dancing naked. hee hee In 87 I went to a Roy Orbison outside concert. I had no idea who he was at the time. I thought I was looking good cause everyone was staring at me. But it was because one of my buttons on my shirt was undone and everyone could see my bright red bra! My date never asked me out again :(

I can still remembering buying a CD in 88 for 20 dollars! I bought it for a friend and I had to save for a month to buy it.

Twisted Lisa said...

I think that CD was almost $17 it was one of the cheapest ones.

Tenakim, that was my senior portrait. And it WAS a blanket! I am very thankful for my hair in that picture, my sister didn't fare well either!

Thanks for the compliments!

KiKi said...

As an 80s teen...LOVED THIS!!!!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I totally forgot to put the Go-Go's on my list....

oh and what about
"Oh Mickey your so fine your so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey!! What was her name...Toni something.

Susan said...

Oh, Good God and Holy Shit... I'm still pissed at my mom for never letting me grow my hair out... I hate EVERY DAMN picture of me from back then... thanks for the effing memories!!!

Twisted Lisa said...

OH MICKEY - Tony Basil. I actually still have the 45!!!!

uh Susan...I'm sorry... I like your hair!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Your poor hair! You still looked totally eighties! I have never heard that version before, nor did I know there were CD players in 1985...I was just thrilled to get a Sony Walkman (I still have it too!)

Michael from dadcation.com said...

i like the 80s post! i reference the 80s nearly every day in conversation or tweets or emails or haikus i write.

sorry i had to drop the following on twitter...you and the caryRN girl tweet too much for my little blackberry to keep up, that's all. i can't read any of my other friends, and then they accuse me of sucking.

Twisted Lisa said...

sure,Muskrat, sure...that's what all the qwitters say!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Found you on the 80's links from Wheresmyangels. This cracked me up!